Monday, October 22, 2012

I'm re-starting this process of blogging for one major reason: I seem to have some neurotic tendency toward the confessional impulse.  It's not that I've sinned and need to confess, per se; maybe something sublime has happened, maybe I just need to get something unspeakably gauche off my chest, but otherwise I bottle things up and let out ruinous genies at inopportune times.

That said, lets start off with this:

People tend to think I'm pretentious.  I disagree.  I delight in things like Honey Boo-Boo (in small quantities).  I think it's just my tendency to say things like "Brechtian" that get in the way.  If I know a word, I use it, even if I have no clue what it really means because 99 times out of 100 I can use a word like that and no one will call me out on it.  And then I end up looking pretentious.  This usually happens when I'm drunk, which is quite often./

1 comment:

  1. I realize that was neither sinful nor sublime, I'll improve on this later.

    ReplyDelete